Sunday, August 12, 2007

Day 50: Going Back to Cali


Bonus Game #3!!! Today was supposed to bring an off day in sunny southern California, but while we were at the Angels game on Thursday we found out that my Twins would be in town over the weekend. So I decided to crawl out of bed early for a Sunday matinee. Peter, on the other hand, decided to stay in bed. I got to the park and purchased my typical cheap seat, then waited for 15 minutes for the gates to open. Once inside I headed down to the rightfield corner where the bullpens are. I waited in the sea of Angels' fans seeking autographs for Twins starting pitcher Boof Bonser to come out. After shouting some encouragement to Boof, Mike Redmond, and Matt Guerier, I headed for the left centerfield bleachers. I took a seat in the sunny third row and settled in for the afternoon.

There is not too much positive to say about the Twins performance this afternoon. Angels P Jarred Weaver allowed only two runs on 5 hits over 7 1/3 innings and the bullpen finished the Twins off very easily. Boof Bonser did have a better outing than any I can remember from the start of the season. He was saddled with the loss, lasting 5.2 innings and giving up 5 runs. His command was a lot sharper though. He did not go deep into the count with two many hitters and only gave up 4 walks, one of them intentional.

After the game, I drove back to the hotel to shake Peter awake and we are now headed out to watch some Sunday Night Baseball.

No comments: